Universal Ventless Hood, 96" cooking zone, horizontal air discharge, 4-stage filtration: grease filter, pre-filter, HEPA filter and charcoal filter, (6) LED lights, stainless steel stand, self contained ANSULÂ® R-102 system, Certified Type-1 compliant, 1-1/2 HP, UL Classified, cULus Classified, US (NON-RETURNABLE Item) (For replacement filters, this model requires (4) Pre-filters (22618) & (2) HEPA Charcoal Filter Packs (23312)) (Note: field convertible to vertical air discharge)
- VENTLESS MODELS ARE NON-RETURNABLE
- OWNER RESPONSIBILITY: Before any Wells Mfg. Ventless unit can be powered up for the first time, the included UL300 Ansul fire suppression system must be charged with "Ansulex" and commissioned and tagged by a certified and locally licensed ANSUL Fire Suppression contractor. This commissioning is also the commencement of an agreement between the Ansul agent and the owner and cannot be consummated by Wells Mfg, its agents, dealers or service agencies
- Wells Universal hoods are Certified Type-1 compliant, UL710B approved recirculation hood systems and feature completely self-contained air filtration and fire-suppression systems. They do not require venting outside making it possible to cook in nontraditional locations or when traditional Type-1 hoods and duct work are impractical, restricted or too expensive. Operators can mix and match various electric cooking equipment under the hood such as fryers, ovens, griddles, steamers and more - providing greater flexibility and through-put.
- Fire Protection – Completely self contained ANSUL® R-102 system includes ANSUL® tank, nitrogen cartridge, ANSUL® sopanifi er, piping, heat sensors, ANSUL® drops, nozzles, and
- movable manual pull station. Manual pull can be relocated to the egress position or an additional station can be added by an authorized ANSUL® representative. Front access for easy fire system maintenance. Fire protection system meets NFPA 96 Chapter 13. Fire protection system must be charged and certified by ANSUL® Authorized distributor after installation and before first use (operator’s responsibility).
- Filtration – Completely self-contained fi ltration process reduces emissions below that allowed in NFPA 96 and ANSI UL710B using the EPA 202 test method and includes stainless steel grease baffle filter with grease cup, fiberglass pre-fi lters, HEPA (High-Efficiency
- Particulate Air) filter/ carbon-charcoal filter pack. All filters are easily removable with out tools. Air flow sensors continually monitor air fl ow optimizing performance and grease removal while an interlock system will not allow cooking appliances to function if filters are missing, clogged or in the event of a fire.
- Cooking Appliances – Only electrically heated appliances are acceptable for installation. Cooking equipment is optional from Wells or other manufacturers. Appliances must be installed as per manufacturers instructions and controlled thru the hood equipment shut-off interface through a customer supplied contractor which will disable cooking equipment in the event of fire or hood malfunction. For size, temperature and KW limits see back page or manual.
- Exhaust and Air Flow – Exhaust air may be horizontal or vertical. Hoods are shipped for horizontal discharge and are field convertible for vertical discharge. Typical airflow is 3,000
- CFM. A minimum of 1,600 cubic feet of fresh air per minute is recommended both in and out of the cooking area to ensure the dilution of cooking aromas.
- Manufacturer: Wells
- Model: WVU-96
- Width: 113.9"
- Depth: 43"
- Height: 93"
- Shipping Weight: 2004 lbs.
Limited two year parts and one year labor